stat counter

Friday, July 6, 2007

Bagged and Tagged by Justice for the Poor

Oh Lordy, I've been tagged by Justice for the Poor!! This one is a rather random one, give eight biographical facts about yourself. As my fingers sit here pausing trying to come up with my next thought, uh, what? Oh NO, this is, fingers pausing, Grandma, what was that favorite expression when you were stumped? Heavens to betsy bugs!!

So, in no particular order, STUMPED, here goes.

My favorite place in the world I have ever been is the Isle of Capri and the Amalfi Coast. There is a home up on the very top in Anacapri that belonged to Axel Munthe, Villa San Michelle I vividly remember the feeling of calm and beauty as I looked out over the Mediterranean from high on that cliff. Hope this doesn't sound morbid, but my family knows, my wish would be cremated when I die and have my ashes spread from there. My family has not been there and my wish would be for them to experience the beauty also. Axel Munthe wrote, “ My house must be open to the sun, to the wind, and the voice of the sea, just like a Greek temple, and light, light, light everywhere!”.

One of my favorite things to do is try different foods from different cultures. Food, it's flavors and how it is prepared says alot about a culture. And all the better if you can share it with someone from that culture!!

I HATE heat. I melt when I get hot and get VERY cranky. And humidity, it's for the birds!

My favorite movie of all time is "This Property is Condemned" with Robert Redford and Natalie Wood. It's based on a Tennessee Williams play and takes place in the South. If you've never seen it, rent it sometime. It's a love story and you can just feel the South and the small town it is set in.

I have a bad back!! Sometimes it goes out on me because I have herniated discs and I can barely walk. And since I like to walk, that can be a DEFINITE problem. Getting old is NO fun when it comes to the little things that start giving out.

I've lived in the same house for 23 years. When I was young my parents moved often and I VOWED I would find a home to settle down in and STAY THERE. Traveling is WONDERFUL, but home is home!! (we'll see as time goes on, but so far the feeling of living in the same place for so long has been comforting)

My kids think I am WEIRD. The more I can joke around with them, the happier I am!!

My favorite all time poet since my mother had me read him at a very young age is Kahlil Gibran.


That's ALL folks!! And Kebz, you are DEAD MEAT!! Just kidding!

So, I have to pick a couple of people who I think will actually do this. HMMMMMM,
Karin, you've been tagged!! Mo, you've been tagged!!! Sphinx, you've been tagged!!!

Now if I had to do this darn thing, you guys can too!! Looking forward!



No comments: