|Settler Violence Report for October-November 2007|
Monday, 17 December 2007
Hebron and South of
* On 7 October, the Central Command of the Israeli military in the occupied West Bank issued a new Military Order to confiscate 1,130 dunam to build the Separation Wall around the settlements of Ma’ale Adumim, Kefar Adumim and Mishor Adumim, to the east of
* On 17 October, some settlers, in cooperation with soldiers, attacked many farmers and international activists who came to harvest the olive trees near Otni’el settlement, in the south hills of
* On 20 October, five settlers from the Betar Illit settlement, to the west of
* On 21 October, in the evening, the settlers who occupied al-Rajabi building last March, to the west of Qiryat Arba settlement, started throwing stones at Palestinian residents who were walking to reach their houses near the building. Additionally, they used dogs against the children. Since the settlers occupied the building, the Israeli military has blocked the main road, which Palestinian residents use to reach their 35 homes located in the area. During this time, the settlers started throwing stones on them many times.
* On 21 October, tens of settlers from Betar Illit settlement, to the west of
* On 22 October, settlers from Betar Illit, to the west of
* On 26 November, five settlers from the outpost of Ramot Yashai in Tal Rumeida, in the downtown of
* On 2 November, in the evening, around 30 settlers from Qiryat Arba and Givat Harsina settlements, located to the east and east north of
* On 3 November seven residents from
* At the same time, groups of settlers stoned houses in Wadi Nasara, to the south of the settlement. The settlers who occupied the Ja’bari Building to the west of the same settlement also stoned many houses located on the opposite side of the building. Forty-three-year-old Naser Fahed Ja’bari, 40-year-old Bassam Fahed Ja'bari, 22-year-old Abeer Mohammed Salah Ja'bari, and 65-year-old Zareefa Mohammed Rabee’ Ja’bari, were injured and taken to the hospital in the city.
* During the same afternoon, tens of settlers stoned the home of Tayseer Abu Aisah in Tel Rumeida, near the Ramot Yashai settlement outpost. Sixteen-year-old Fada’ Abu Iasha was injured in the left hand by a stone. All these attacks happened during Jews Feasts, when hundreds of settlers celebrate in many locations around downtown
* On 24 November, the Israeli prevented the farmers from a villages to the east of Yatta and activists from the International Solidarity Movements (ISM), from working the land located near the Ma’on settlement, in the southern hills of
* On 2 October, in the morning, hundreds of settlers came with buses to stay in the former location of the Homesh settlement, which was dismantled two years ago. They destroyed tens of trees and, for the third time, damaged the water pipes that supply the Selit Daher village. In addition, they forced many farmers and shepherds to leave the area. In the afternoon, they opened fire on a house, belonging to Kamel Malool. No one was injured. In the meanwhile, the Israeli military closed all the roads and streets that lead to many villages like Selit Daher, Bazarya and Borga. Saleh Hantoli, the Mayor of Selet Daher village, said: “We are living in real problems, the Israeli Army dismantled the settlement, but, from time to time, the settlers used to come and damage everything they find, like water pipes and trees, and close the roads. All those actions used to happen in front of the soldiers, who come to protect the settlers, and not the residents who are facing the aggressions from them. We raised a lot of cases to the
* On 16 October, settlers from the settlement of Yizhar, to the south of
* On 19 October, Israeli military bulldozers began working and leveling land located near the industrial zone of Barkan, near the Brukin village, to the west of the city of
* On 20 October, settlers from the settlement of Shave Shomron, to the west of
* On 21 October, 40-year-old Kamal Hamed Abed al-Qader, from Tulkarem, died when a settler ran over him. Kamal and some workers were walking on the main road, called Highway Number 5, to reach their work place inside
* On 4 November, around 50 settlers came and attempted to build a new outpost near the Qedumim settlement, to the north of the
* On 14 November, a group of settlers stoned the home of Hani Nabhan Abu Gare’ from al-Mazr’a al-Qebleyya village, to the north of Ramallah. Hani reports that the settlers burned some of his trees near the house. They came in the first hours of the night, which scared the children in the house. This is the second time that the settlers attacked his house in the last two weeks.
* On November 15, around 20 settlers attacked the home of Hikmt Ism’el Abed El Rahaman from Brukin village, to the west of Salfit city. He said that the settlers stoned his house during the night and broke the windows, damaging also the windshield of his car. Ism’el thinks that the settlers came from the nearby settlements of Ale Zahav and Pedu’el, which are very close to his village. He added that this is the third time that his house was attacked in the last months.
* On November 18, settlers from the Qedumim settlement, east of Qalqilia, refused to leave the land that they took—despite an Israeli Court decision stating that they must leave the area -. The 55 dunam of land, located near the main road that link Qalqilia with Nabuls, belong to Badreyya Abed al-Ghani’mer, from Kofur Qaddom village. The local sources in the village said that the settlers refused to implement the decision of the court, taking, as usual, the law in their hands. In the same time the settlers continue to prevent the farmers from the village to reach their land for harvest the olive trees in the land near the settlement. According to the council sources, the farmers lost around 30 percent of their crops this year because of the settlers actions, which often happened in cooperation with the soldiers. The population in the village is 4000 people; most of them depend in their income on the olive tree crops.
* On 19 November, a group of settlers made a checkpoint on the main road close to Yizhar settlement, near Hawwara village, to the south of
*On 26 November, Israeli soldiers closed the main roads and streets in the northwest of
* On 26 November, settlers from Itamar settlement, to the south east of