stat counter

Saturday, April 7, 2007

I've Been Tagged by Desert Peace-The Thinking Blogger Awards

Well today I was tagged by Steve at Desert Peace. I must admit, I was "floored". As he noted in his award to me, I am new to blogging with a blog of my own. I've seen tags and it seems like a way to get the conversation going, a sort of challenge, but this one is not just a challenge in asking us to give our own five awards out, it is also that person who has tagged us giving us an honor. So in that vein, as I am completely humbled by being tagged by Desert Peace in the Thinking Blogger's Award , I am also humbled by passing on my own tag to five bloggers who have been blogging for a much longer time than myself.

This "tag" began at The Thinking Blog fueled by Ilker Yoldas in February:

It is called '5 Blogs That Make Me Think' and I am tagging the following bloggers for the first list:

1. Don To Earth by Donald Crowdis,
2. Own Your Brand by Mike Wagner,
3. Creative Design by David Airey,
4. Evolution.. not just a theory anymore by Greg Laden,
5. Aa..ha! [Thinking Inside The Blog!] by Nirmala Pal.



Congratulations, you won a !

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking! It is the first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn't come back to haunt me.

Happy link-love-sharing, whatever it is!

So Ilker, as I have been "tagged" to "pay it forward" here are my "five picks" (Desert Peace would DEFINITELY be a pick but I don't think I can tag him back, but I AM going to repeat one of his "picks")

1. Sabbah's Blog: Haitham Sabbah is not only the administrater of his own blog, but also the
aggregator for Palestine Blogs, a member of Global Voices, has a regular readership of
thousands and is respected world-wide for his journalism and integrity. Haitham is not only
someone who we all look up to, he is our friend who supports us in all we do in our own
endeavors. Haitham is an uprooted Palestinian who works indefatigably to shine light on
injustices not only to his own fellow Palestinians but also others. I began my commenting in
"Haitham's kitchen" where all the ingredients are blended together and he invites all in to
partake of his soulful meal. So Haitham, you have been tagged AGAIN.

2. I Love Munich: Karin is the administrater of Munich and a Little Bit of Everything. Karin
is the voice of HUMANITY, the angel who is NEVER afraid to speak up when she sees
injustice WHEREVER she goes. She is also my dear friend, my sister who can finish my
thoughts for me and who is there for me and all of her friends ALWAYS. She gives us news,
human interest stories, and recipes to fill our own kitchens with the aromas of her OWN
excellent cooking (I know, I was blessed enough to partake of it myself :) ) Karin is one to
read AND know AND make you think.

3. Chet: Chet offers us three blogs, Just Wondering, The Real Truth and My Life. Chet is NOT
complicated, but he IS complex and thought provoking and covers all the bases with his
three blogs. Chet is also SMART and helpful. He takes the "hassle" out of the "technicalities"
of blogging and helps MANY people with their blogging problems. I know, because it was
Chet who did all the setting up of this blog for me. Chet is also trustworthy, and a friend to
many, offering us not only what he gives on his blog, but a part of himself given selflessly.

4. Layla Anwar of Arab Woman's Blues: Reflections in a Sealed Bottle: Layla is the pain in my entire soul. She blogs from Baghdad, where she with every fiber of herself, speaks the pain of the Iraqi people and what my country has done to hers. I cannot reach her because she is imprisoned in an occupation wrought on her by an evil beyond any comprehension. When I see Layla, it is in that prison, visiting her with a glass between us dripping with blood. Layla has a sledgehammer, and Layla smashes the glass for Americans to cut themselves on the shards of the glass they put there themselves. Layla is the night that will not become morning, for my country has destroyed hers bringing darkness. There are NO words for me to give her for comfort because NOTHING absolutley NOTHING that can be done to bring her that comfort after what has been done to her and her fellow countryman exists in the realm of possibility. And I don't EVER want her to stop speaking to me and others.

5. Izzi of Sileas: Well, Izzi is last but NOT least, and also Izzi no longer is blogging after being
hacked. I am awarding her my own "thinking blogger's award" because Izzi DOES make you
think, whether she is blogging herself or commenting. So Izzi, you KNOW how many of us
admired and read you and are now missing you. So should you decide when you are readdy,
we are ALWAYS ready to have you put your own very special thinking cap you pass out to put on our noggins, the one with your style, your passion and your very own unique perspective.

No comments: