stat counter

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sunday Offering #26: A Healing Prayer

Prayer (from the Navajo healing ceremony called Night Chant)

Tségihi,
House made of dawn.
House made of evening light.
House made of the dark cloud.
House made of male rain.
House made of dark mist.
House made of female rain.
House made of pollen.
House made of grasshoppers.
Dark cloud is at the door.
The trail out of it is dark cloud.
The zigzag lightning stands high upon it.
Male deity!
Your offering I make.
I have prepared a smoke for you.
Restore my feet for me.
Restore my legs for me.
Restore my body for me.
Restore my mind for me.
This very day take out your spell for me.
Your spell remove for me.
You have taken it away for me.
Far off it has gone.
Happily I recover.
Happily my interior becomes cool.
Happily I go forth.
My interior feeling cool, may I walk.
No longer sore, may I walk.
Impervious to pain, may I walk.
With lively feeling may I walk.
As it used to be long ago, may I walk.
Happily may I walk.
Happily, with abundant dark clouds, may I walk.
Happily, with abundant showers, may I walk.
Happily, with abundant plants, may I walk.
Happily, on a trail of pollen, may I walk.
Happily may I walk.
Being as it used to be long ago, may I walk.
May it be beautiful before me
May it be beautiful behind me.
May it be beautiful below me.
May it be beautiful above me.
With it be beautiful all around me.
In beauty it is finished.






In the Dine culture, "Yei" represents the "Holy People" who prescribe powerful designs and symbols used for healing ceremonies. In the Afro-Cuban drum tradition, "Shango" is one of their "Holy People" connected to the drum which, like thunder, is the voice of God heard and felt deeply in our hearts.In Native American Music tradition, music like art and dance tells a story. These songs reflect our human experience and express the memories, emotions and prayers of life. Soul Blessings is a rich mix of Native American, Afro-Cuban and original music which goes direct to the heart
Find your Soul Blessings with these rich layered rhythms, authentic yet soothing Native American chants, flute, guitar and fretless bass. Percussion sounds and bird whistles are from Tony's extensive collection of rare instruments. Tony is a known and internationally respected Navajo teacher, musician and healer. The production style of Liv Singh Khalsa (Crimson Series) adds powerful arrangements and beautiful sonic textures.

See ya'all on Monday..........

No comments: