stat counter

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dialing for Dollars

It's that time, when at all hours of the day your phone might ring and on the other end of the line is the political party/candidate begger. Last night at 9:00 on LABOR DAY, a holiday, the phone jingled. Lucky for me, it was the Democratic party fundraisers calling. The conversation went like this:



Caller: Hello, may I speak to Robin please?



Myself: (Already knowing who was calling and IRKED) Yes, this is she, can I help you?



Caller: Yes Robin, this is ---- calling you from the Democratic party, how are you this evening?



Myself: (IRRITATED) Fine thank you, and yourself?



Caller: Thank you for asking, I'm fine. I'm calling to see if we can count on you to help us put a Democrat in the White House this coming election and help the Democrats in Congress keep the heat on the Republicans.



Myself: Just exactly how do you propose I help the Democrats do this?



Caller: Can we count on you to donate $100 right now to help us in our efforts? (pause) I know that's alot of money, but can we count on you?



Myself: No, you cannot.



Caller: Well, would you be willing to donate a smaller amount at this time?



Myself: No you cannot.



Caller: Can I ask why?



Myself: Of course you can, in fact I would very much like to tell you why. It's because as a life-long Democrat for 35 years I feel I have earned the right to say the Democratic party SUCKS.



Caller: Well thank you.



Myself: Wait a minute , I would like to take a moment of your time if I may.



Caller: Of course, but our purpose IS to raise funds.



Myself: Yes I realize that , but you see, when you call people and ask them for money for your cause who are members of your party, I think you have the obligation to listen to their complaints, and in the case of the Democratic party I have MANY. I would like to tell you just a few.



Caller: OK......



Myself: Well, first off, you say you want me to send you $100 to help put a Democrat in the White House. Do you honestly think that the only thing that is important is that any old Democrat is ok?



Caller: No, of course not, but that is what the primaries are about and all the Democratic candidates running are capable of sitting in the White House much more than what we have now.



Myself: Yes, I know that, a dyslexic arangatang would be better than what we have now, but you are also asking me to donate money and help the Democrats keep the pressure on the Republicans in Congress. What about the Democrats in Congress taking impeachment off the table, what about that?



Caller: Well I trust the Democrats in Congress to do their job.



Myself: Well, that's the difference between you and me, I DON'T trust them, because as I stated before, they SUCK.



Caller: Well thank you for your input Robin,



Myself: No no , don't get off the phone just yet, I'd like to say a few more things. In your opinion do you think ANY of the Democratic presidential candidates can turn our policy in the Mideast around? I'm asking you this because the situation in Palestine is at a crisis level and none of the front-runners have a policy which I agree with. What do you think?



Caller: I'm not that familiar with the situation there to make a comment on that.



Myself: But, you are calling and asking me to donate money to the Democratic party and I'm telling you I will NOT donate one red cent until there is a Democratic candidate which is not beholden to Israel and AIPAC.



Caller: AIPAC? I don't think I know what that is, and as I said, I'm not that familiar with the situation in the Mideast.



Myself: And are you aware that Hillary has said she will not take ANY option off the table when it comes to Iran-meaning nuclear weapons? Don't you think that is sort of scarey?



Caller: Robin, I said I'm not that familiar with the situation in the Mideast but I have full confidence in all the Democratic candidates that they can bring this country back to where it should be.



Myself: Back to where it should be? With nuclear weapons?



Caller: Robin, I am just calling in a fundraising capacity. I appreciate what you have said and...



Myself: I would sincerely like to ask you to do something. I would like you to familiarize yourself with our country's foreign policy in the Middle East before you keep calling people and asking for money. And I would like you to go tell whoever your superior is there at the phone bank that a person you called will NEVER donate one red cent again to the Democratic party until they decide they can make decisions which are good for our country and the Mideast, NOT be beholden to AIPAC or any other foreign interest. Can you do that for me please, because personally, I am very embarressed that people such as yourself don't know what the heck is going on in the Middle East and yet you are calling me to donate money to a political party which holds the lives of OTHER people in OTHER countries in their hands with their actions. Do you understand what I am saying? Don't you think it's important that we as citizens are more informed before we vote or give money to a party "just because"?



Caller: Well Robin, thank you very much for your imput. CLICK!



The above phone call is related here out of FRUSTRATION especially at IDIOTS not knowing their elbow from a hole in the ground about the Mideast and our country's policy which as I reiterate, in FRUSTRATION-----SUCKS!!! They are nothing more than pimps calling people such as myself and others to donate their hard earned money to something they don't even give a rat's a-s knowing about! End of rant.

UPDATE: OK, this does it, I just opened the following email, HOW embarrassing is this, Hillary inviting ME for lunch. YEH, right!! She's even going to go get the groceries before I get there.
How QUAINT!! A little nuclear bomb for desert Hillary? As an American, I am BEYOND embarrassed by politics in my country. Here's the "invite", I can't make it that day, I have decided to make an appointment for and ELECTIVE root canal that day!

Dear Robin,

Let's do lunch. Let's talk, you and me -- about whatever you'd like. Our hopes. Our goals. Our work. The weather. Maybe even politics.

IMAGINE!!! I have the choice between talking about weather OR politics with Hillary herself.
Hmmmmmmm, I think I will have to pick daisy petals to figure out WHICH topic to talk to her!

I think it would be fun to have you over for lunch, at my table, in my home in Washington. You and I both know that we need a serious change of direction in this country. So let's sit down for a meal and talk about exactly the best way to make that change a reality.

Of course, that change can't happen if we don't win. So I'm asking you today to demonstrate your commitment to real change by supporting my campaign with a contribution. We're going to choose one supporter to come to my house in DC, along with a guest, to share lunch and talk. And if you contribute between now and midnight Friday, September 7, it could be you.

Click here to make a contribution.

My favorite part of being on the campaign trail is talking to people one-on-one, in their homes or their workplaces, learning about their lives and the challenges they face every day.

I recently had a chance to share dinner with Las Vegas nurse Michelle Estrada and her family in her home. We talked about her long hours at work and her concerns for her daughter, who is heading off to college this fall. (I sure remember that feeling!)

I had such a wonderful time eating, talking, and laughing with Michelle and her family. There's so much I want to do as president for families like Michelle's: help them pay for college and protect the basic American dream of owning a home.

Now I want you to come to my home, share a meal, and tell me about your life, your family, your concerns, and how we can work together to change America.

But first I need to ask for your help. I cannot win this race without you, without your support and your commitment to our campaign. There is no better way for you to get involved today than to make a contribution to my campaign.

If you contribute by Friday, you might just have lunch with me at my home in Washington.

Click here to make a contribution.

I wish I could invite every single one of the more than one million people who are supporting my campaign -- but I don't think you'd all fit!

Besides, we're building this campaign through person-to-person contact -- not just the conversation I hope to have with you, but also the conversations you have with family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers everyday.

Together, we're making history. Will you help my campaign make history today? Make a contribution by Friday, and you and I might be sharing a meal.

Click here to make a contribution. I'm really looking forward to this conversation. I'll pick up the groceries before you get there. Let's sit down and talk about how to change America!

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

P.S. Labor Day is when the campaign hits high gear -- we have entered THE critical phase of this campaign. I know you're ready for change, so let's work together to make it a reality.

Please make a contribution today.


Got that everyone, you have FOUR requests for donations for Hell-ery. Don't miss your chance, it could be YOU talking to Hell-ery, IMAGINE the conversation.

In sincere disgust, Hillary, this is EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: