stat counter

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sunday Offering # 17: The Sulha Peace Project


As we all have been witnessing the events in Palestine with bleeding hearts and eyes, none of us can loose hope that peace is possible in the Holy Land. This is a land which the three Abrahamic religions lay claim to. It is my absolute heartfelt conviction that peace is possible between these people, and that their commonalities far outweigh their differences. Below are two short videos portraying the Sulha Peace Project. When watching this video I felt tears choking in my throat for I know, I KNOW this is what our creator wishes for us as his blessed children.

Sulha, an Arabic word meaning reconciliation, a grassroots movement that aims, but more importantly succeeds in forming connections between Jews, Muslims and Christians. Each year their work culminates in a three day gathering, "On the way to Sulha"

The Sulha annual meeting is this August 14-16 at Latrun Monastery (between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem) Sulha also has other chapters around the world and is seeking to grow to establish even more of these centers to promote understanding.

May this movement, and the many others who seek unity and justice grow and prosper, may they find strength in their convictions, and Heavenly Father, may you look down on them and hold them in the palms of your hands.

I dedicate this post to my dear friends, Karin, Clo, Eileen, Haitham, Steve, and Chet who I have met blogging and all the others who have crossed my path, knowing that in your heart and in all of your actions, you seek peace.

Shalom, Salam, Peace.


Part 1 (embedding has been disabled for some reason, but necessary to watch)

Part 2: The Sulha Peace Project



No comments: