stat counter

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee and your computer

OK, so I'm surfing the internet and I stumble upon this article from the New York Daily News,
"Pope Benedict to Priests, for God's sake blog!" Wha wha WHAT? OK, wait a minute here, is this for real? Yep is sure is. So let's check out the links

OOH, there's a Facebook application. Let's see what THAT is:

Allow Access?

Allowing Pope2You access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work.


I do not THINK so! Sorry folks, but as a Catholic when you go to confession your confession stops with the PRIEST. He doesn't ask you to give him your profile information, your friend's info or "other content" whatever THAT is and then enter it into a data base!

OMG you can get Vatican News on your IPhone. I thought that was the American Express card you were never supposed to leave home without. No wait, that used to be a St. Christopher you wore as a necklace to keep you safe. Boy times sure have changed!

Don't miss the full text of "The priest and pastoral ministry in the digital world, new media and the service of the Word" and the Vatican youtube channel.





OK, if you're reading here and want to leave a comment I'd be really interested in what your opinion of this is. I'm a Catholic myself who hasn't attended mass in a year. Hearing Pope Rottweiler read his dispassioned announcement of this initiative doesn't exactly inspire me except to yearn for an older time. Maybe that's just me.

Benedict XVI: New Technologies Are a Resource for the Faith


No comments: