stat counter

Saturday, June 16, 2007

You never know where "Christian" advertising will take you

It's amazing sometimes, how one just logs on to a link. In most cases for me, it's because I am looking for news. So as usual, I just "googled" news from... and in this case, Israel.

On page seven of the news items I came across this:

CHRISTIAN PRO-ISRAEL LEADERS SOUGHT ON YOUR CAMPUS
Dafka - Jun 15, 2007
We are looking for Christian leadership on your campuses for an organization called CUFI (Christians United for Israel) a national, grassroots pro-Israel ...

Ok, so I linked to them and found an advertisement all right, for "Christian leaders" on college campuses to start clubs. And who is recruiting these "Christians"? The illustrious Reverend John Hagee of the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas.



OH, that's a picture of the reverend with another infamous "Christian" reverend, Jerry Fallwell!

Hm.....................you can even listen to the fine "Christian" Reverend Hagee here

So I thought, this advertisement for "Christians United for Israel" is on ANOTHER site, what is this link I'm on? DAFKA

So I looked.......and who is the chief editor of DAFKA?
Lee Kaplan

He's INTERESTING!!!!


But I wondered, and curiosity got the better of me, so while just doing a little looking on DAFKA'S site, I came up with the "rogue gallery":

KAPO

Michael Lerner and "Tikkun"

" He tries to pass himself off as being pro-Israel and a voice of peace and reason but aids those whose motives are not so benign."

WOW, I thought Rabii Lerner was a peace activist. I didn't know he is a "rogue"

But it says more about Rabii Lerner, "for more on this guy go to www.masada2000.org ."

So curious me, linked on and what do I see?

Well, they have a "solutions" page.

Let's see if they have any good ideas. After all, the "Christian" Reverend Hagee is recruiting on this website.

I thought this is rather novel: (and before you read it, KNOW that I am a pacifist 100% and one thousand times condemn any form of violence) Here goes

10. Any Palestinian assisting suicide bombers or any who attempts unsuccessfully to perpetrate a suicide bombing will be captured, will be flown in an Israeli helicopter over Ramallah or Gaza City, will be handcuffed, will have an explosives belt attached to his or her waist, and then will be hurled out of the helicopter and detonated in the air above the city, while the helicopter will be playing through loudspeakers Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. That is because it would be poor taste to play Wagner.


But being a really really curious person, I looked on the side bar and there was a link called "bring home the bacon"
What, this is a nice pro-Israel site, bring home WHAT bacon since bacon is non-Kosher. Oh drat, you know what they say, curiosity killed the cat. Link...............................and what do you see?

Slappin' the old pork to Abu Mazen!


[Reserved for Abbas]

- Mahmoud Abbas (a.k.a. Abu Mazen) -
Simply a clean-shaven Yasser Arafat in a nice suit and surrounded by fewer flies! Unlike his boss, Arafat, Abbas was a moderate... meaning that he would only destroy Israel moderately!



Wait a minute, isn't Mahmoud Abbas the one Israel is now backing as a soul leader of the Palestinians, now that he decided to disband the government and move to the West Bank?
I thought this was a pro-Israel site I was on.

Mr. Kaplan, WHERE ARE YOU, your beloved country AND the US have plans for the gentleman you wrapped in bacon.

You NEVER know where a "Christian" advertisement is going to take you!!






No comments: