stat counter

Monday, June 15, 2009

Short Personal Note

Just a short note here for anyone who may read my blog regularly or for my friends. I'm going back to school. Yep, want to start working soooooooo after so many years of being a stay at home mom, and in this SUCKY economy, I asked myself what could I do that I would have a good chance getting a job doing AND enjoy at the same time.

Well, teach, it's my passion. But after many years out of the classroom and the fact that school districts state wide are buying out older teacher's contracts offering early retirement (because the more units you have, the longer you've been there, the more they HAVE to pay you) My problem is with so many years out of education but with so many post BA units (just shy of a masters in education) they'd have to pay me a much higher wage than a young teacher straight out of college with no experience. It's happening in our district, all the teachers being hired are almost all young without the units to have to pay them a higher starting wage, So, basically I'm screwed. PLUS that, SO much has changed and I don't even want to THINK about the workload.

Sooooo, I'm going for a different credential which I can get my foot in the door after one semester, then not that many more units and some work experience I can be fully credentialed. I am SO excited.

Now that you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I'm going to be taking the necessary units in Child Development/Early Childhood Education to teach pre-school. Yep, wee little ones.

So here's the notice, there might be some other type articles being posted here, I will NEVER give up my passion for politics, and as long as I live, I will NEVER give up my support and activism for Palestine so those articles will STILL be here, in fact, they'll probably be the bulk of postings.

I have a very special friend to thank for HIS inspiration, his patience, his integrity and friendship. He knows who he is, so this one goes out to him, my dearest friend, thank you, you'll never know how much your own strength and kindness has been a blessing to me. Although he had nothing to do with my decision to go back to school, in a most dear way, he has helped me to trust my own decision making just by being the kindest man possible. Plus that, he has been my TEACHER and is the best teacher possible for all those who know him.

And the rest of you, YOU too!!!! I've truly TRULY been blessed by having you in my life. (no names, but you know who you are:) Love you all! Some of you have remained dear cyber-friends and some of you have become real-life friends. Just think, if it weren't for the internet we would have never met, from cities in the Mideast, to Europe, to other states and even my own home town, we CONNECTED.

School starts next Monday, early childhood development 101, then full-bore in the Fall so I can get this thing DONE and into a pre-school classroom (and take the rest of the units to be credentialed) where I can work till I retire. So if you see me here less, I'm BUSY with school, kids, DEAR friends and family.

No comments: