stat counter

Sunday, February 8, 2009

"View From a Grain of Sand"

Today I had the experience of seeing one of the most moving documentaries I have ever seen, "View from a Grain of Sand" which focuses on three Afghani women, telling the story of all women in Afghanistan. All I can say is that everyone should see this film, absolutely everyone.

Please call your local PBS channel and ask them to air this film for International Women's Day on March 8. We owe it to this country that we invaded and have occupied for eight years now, and which President Obama states he is going to focus on.

The status of women now in Afghanistan is a DIRECT result of the US and Saudi Arabia funding the mujahadin in order to drive the Soviets out. It is OUR fault the women of Afghanistan have gone through this. If our country is occupying Afhanistan, YOU need to know what has gone on there.

If PBS doesn't show this film, you can purchase it at the website. I STRONGLY suggest you do because what you have believed up til now is much different than what this film maker shows.

Read about the filmaker, Meena Nanji HERE

Here are two clips:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. I'd like to read more about this topic. Thanx for sharing this info.
Joan Stepsen
Hi tech pharma

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read stories like that. Just add some pics :)